Do you produce milk/colostrum during your menstrual cycle?

Pretty much all in the title. I don't think I'm pregnant, and I'm still a week away from starting. When I took a shower this morning I noticed my right breast is producing...something. Looks alot like colostrum. I do not think I'm pregnant, but I'm out of town, and can't afford the test that you can take early. I really just need to know if anyone else has done this, and what to make of it. BTW I'm not on ANY form of BC. thank you in advance.

rosesNclovers

Asked by rosesNclovers at 5:07 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Health

• And I don't want anyone telling me if I don't want to be pregnant to get on BC. I only mentioned that so that outside hormones could be eliminated.
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 5:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I did for close to 2 years after I had my youngest. I could express milk just about anytime I tried, though, too, not just during my period. Good luck!!
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 6:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Not including when I was nursing of course, I have NEVER done this!! I stopped nursing James last August, and this is the first its happened. I'm really trying to wait till I have(or not) my period before I start panicking. But this is still freaking me out...lol.
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 7:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• This could be a sign of a serious medical issue. Please have it checked out soon.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:30 AM on Jun. 11, 2009