• In the Spotlight:

my daughater is 8 year 4feet 5inc tall weight 70 pound she were size 10 and 12 in clothers shoes 4 and 5 it this normal

her doctoer said she have high potassum what is it.Is her weight and her height right for her age

sweetpea292

Asked by sweetpea292 at 5:08 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Try googleing growth charts and see. I can't remember exactly what would be right.
    My son is little..he is 13 and he is 4'10" and weighs 77lbs. He wears a size 9 mens shoe.(big feet)
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:14 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Your doctor can tell you for sure...but ya google the growth chart. My 8yr old is about 4' 2" and about 50lbs. But she might not be normal big smile mini.

bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 5:55 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I have a 7 year old cousin that is 4'9'', weighs near 90lb, I'm only 5'1", so it's hard having a 7 year old cousin almost as tall as me! Every child is different. I would do a search on high potassium to see if there is anything that should be done about it, but I don't think her height/weight is anything to worry about.
    Christian-Mom79

Answer by Christian-Mom79 at 6:16 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• My 8 year old weighs 50 lbs and is 4 ft tall. She seems to be pretty average in her class. There are some taller and some smaller kids. She does have a friend that is very very tall. The girl is 8 and wears the same size shoes as me.
    sylina2100

Answer by sylina2100 at 7:42 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• LOL my 8 year old son is 3'9 and 38 lbs. His BMI is way below average and he has never made it on the growth chart LOL. But he is normal. No anormalities, no health issues, we are all just little. I am only 5ft. The tallest of men in my family are 5'6. All kids are different, they are all over the charts. Her doctor would have probably mentioned something if he thought her height or weight were a concern.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 9:20 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• My almost 12 1/2 dd is now almost 5'7"...she wears a 9-10 jeans...shoe size is 10-11 in women's...she has always been on the 'bigger' side..her bio sperm donor on a good day,was 240 at 6'4"...try having a preteen/tween taller,and bigger than you are and still enforce the 'mommy' rules...she's a good kid,tho so we don't have issues with her.
    starrsun

Answer by starrsun at 9:33 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My 3 year old is 3'5 and weighs 40lbs. She's the size of most 4-5 year olds and actually taller than our friend's 6 year old. But her father is 6'4 so I'm not surprised at all that she's in the 95% or more for height and has been since the day she was born.
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 11:52 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• She is just below the 90th percentile for height, so he's tall for her age and and her weight is about 85% for her age... which with being as tall as she is is perfect for her.
    Her clothing sizes sound fine for how tall she is...
    As far as her potassium level, it's probably just fine. Frequently the potassium levels appear elevated if there was any damage to the blood cells (called hemolyzed) so if they did a finger poke it happens more often because they damage the cells when they squeeze... but it can also happen with a vein draw as well. What happens is the potassium in the cells leaks out and causes the level to go up. If it's very high they might want to recheck it to make sure... because it can cause porblems with the heart if it REAL... but it almost always is fine if she is otherwise healthy.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:32 PM on Jun. 11, 2009