2 showers what do you thnk??

so i want to have my shower, but my family will be in and out of town during the months of july and august.
so my very smart sister told me to have 2 showers.

so thins is what i am thinking. I will have a shower for the family in july because they all will be here. and when they all get together you never know what is going to happen. They are all drama queens and have too much going on all the time.

then in august i will have another shower becuase my older sister will be here from out of town and my hubbys family who are located all over and our friends can attend that one.

what do you momas think of that?

Married2daBest

Asked by Married2daBest at 5:17 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think it's fine. I know of someone that has had 5 showers for one baby and that is excessive--and greedy!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:18 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I think more than one shower is kind of greedy- just have one and register, that way the people thta couldnt attend can just get there gifts and send thm to you. after all, thats MAINLY the reason why people have them.
    I personally think there silly, and I wouldnt have one of my own, but I understand the reasons why one does it.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 5:47 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• i had 2 showers with my daughter cause i come from a split family. My sister threw one for my mothers side of the family to come to.and my aunt (dads sister)threw one for that side of the family to come to.that way both sides of the family could be in on it. I am pregnant now with a boy but have only had 1 shower that my sister threw.I already have everything for my son so if my aunt says anything about throwing one for that side of the family im just going to say diaper shower.lol.nothing is wrong with that cause you can never have enough diapers and wipes!
    Anonymous

• I agree with Judith! it's your baby, buy what you need for him/her! Most people really don't enjoy going to them, register, if they want to get you something, let them get it off the registry.
    Anonymous

• What?!?! Most people don't ENJOY going to a baby shower?!?!? Anon, you have lost your mind, who couldn't love celebrating the greatest gift EVER?

I would have 2 showers, that way everyone can attend, doesn't sound greedy, sounds considerate of you to me, lol.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 11:45 PM on Jun. 10, 2009