Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When a parent temporarily losses custody of their childern does an adult sibling have any rights to her siblings or any say in custody matters?

So a little over a month ago my siblings were tagged as wards of the state however my mother has 180 days before she losses custody completly my mother failed when raisong me she has fallen into a viciously repetitive cycle of bad parenting for 18 years now and it would kill me to see those kids bacc in her care

Answer Question

Asked by lilmissjoefras at 5:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • as far as i know social services does try to place kids with family members. i'd contact her case worker.

    Answer by princezzmommie at 5:46 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

  • I would definitely contact the case worker and put in my two cents worth. It can't hurt to try

    Answer by admckenzie at 6:06 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.