screams in his sleep, hard to wake up from it????

My son is 9 1/2 months and for the past two nights he starts screaming in his sleep, and he won't wake up. I have to pick him up and take him into a different room and he finally wakes up and calms down. Its happens evertime he falls asleep. This morning he screamed so much with his eyes closed while I tried comforting him that his nose was running and he was drooling mucus. What evers going on, isn't letting him get much sleep. He's having trouble staying awake, but it seems like he's afraid to fall asleep. He has also been wakeing up with a really high fever from his afternoon naps. His dr can't find anything to cause the fevers. Any one else had this issue. Any ideas on how to help him sleep better.

vgiron

Asked by vgiron at 5:32 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Might be his teething bugging him enough to give him night terrors. Try giving him Tylenol before putting him down to sleep and see if that helps.
    krista778

Answer by krista778 at 5:53 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Maybe the fever is giving him bad dreams. :[ Poor guy
    ours

Answer by ours at 5:37 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Awwww poor baby! I would hold him until he falls asleep and at least put him in your room for now if he's not already.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 5:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Sounds like teething. My dd has been doing that. I have to turn a light on and walk with her to snap her out of it. Tyleol usually helps her.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 5:47 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Thanks to everyone who answered my question.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 6:09 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Could it be night terrors? My DH had them BAD!! It used to scare the crap outta me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Jun. 11, 2009