What do you think of short shorts?

I think if you are young, go for it. But as you get older , I do not think so....What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Funny. I suppose if a woman or girl is having to advertise, b/c they aren't worn b/c of the weather, then what ever they have is apparently for free and they can't get what they want any other way.

Why advertise? I told my daughter, "What you catch a man with, you'll need to keep him with that the rest of your married life." I taught her that you'd rather catch a man with good character, b/c that is something you can have all your life and without a whole lot of work.

Our family's ped. said "Never embarrass your children by going out in public looking trashy. Always be clean and appropriate."
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:51 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• It's fine for at home. But I don't want to see anyone's buttcheeks hanging out the bottom of their shorts...I don't care the size or age!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• When I asked a question similar to this I got bashed for being hateful and that people who are comfortable in their skin should wear whatever they want.

I agree with you I think it is disrespectful to wear really reveling clothes in public.
    Anonymous

• I think they are cute on a young and well-shaped person. I don't like to see back ends hanging out at any age or shape, however. But a short short that covers private areas well, then at an amusement park or picnic, fine. At home in private is fine also.

Answer by Bmat at 5:49 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I just wonder what happened to MODESTY???
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 5:54 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I agree completely with Bmat.
    I do not however like seeing young girls wearing them. I picked my kid up from vacation bible school today and there was a little girl about age eight with short shorts, ugh, children should be taught modesty.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:08 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• There was a parent with her buttcheeks hanging out when picking up her child from school. The teacher told her to knee length or do not wear that on school grounds because it is not appropriate in front of younger children. I was proud of the teacher. I can understand when you are young, but to be in your 30's with young children, there is absolutely no excuse for that. Just very nasty.
    Anonymous

• THEY'RE CUTE BUT YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE BODY FOR IT
    SGMAMI

Answer by SGMAMI at 6:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• No matter how built you are or how old you are, it is disgusting. I think they should be worn infront of your husband at home but nobody else. I went shopping for a bathing suit last week but they ones in a size 3/4 were too slutty. All the ones I liked were in the size 14 & up sizes. Just because I don't weigh a lot doesn't mean I want the world to see what belongs to my husband.
    Anonymous