going off a question from last night. How many Catholics do pray to Mary?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Is this countingparrows again? I have a great idea, how about you mind your own religion and leave the Catholics alone.
    Anonymous

• As long as you realize that the word "pray" means "to ask" and not to "worship" I pray to Mary. Praying "to" Mary means asking her for help and prayers and this is because even though she's in heaven she is still Christian and still part of the Body of Christ. The Bible clearly teaches that God's will is done through His Body and so asking a fellow Christian (here on earth or in heaven) to help us is fine and what Jesus has taught us.

Unfortunately some people get hung up on the phrase "praying to" and miss the whole concept or understanding of what that really means.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 5:53 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• anonymous, I really wish you would quit using the anon button so I could invite you as a friend.
    Anonymous

• Right...With the hate mail I would be get in my inbox, no thank you!
    Anonymous

• lol ok we will have to be anon pen pals but I really do you like your answers.
    Anonymous

• Show me you face and I will show you mine. :)
    Anonymous

• Not sure...and never understood it. Jesus says to ask God for what you need in His name. I'm going to have to do some searching, but did Jesus ever pray to anyone other than God?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:16 PM on Jun. 10, 2009