When did your child move from crib to toddler bed?

And why did you do it at the time you did?

MommyKKay

Asked by MommyKKay at 5:49 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My first born was 15 months.

My second born was 18 months.

My third was 22 months.

I changed them because they were ready and I was willing to take on the extra challenge of keeping them in their beds :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:53 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• 13 months because she was getting herself tangled in the railing. I mean, foot would be through one area and back in the crib in another spot. It was cutting her circluation down. And it wasn't just ONE limb, it was both arms and everything!!! She was also trying to climb out of it. Put her in a toddler bed and she fell out ONCE!!! She LOVES her toddler bed.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:54 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• My first was 13 months because another baby was here and we needed the crib.
    My second we just did at 18 months because again a baby is on way but also because he was ready for it. He sleeps a lot better in the toddler bed.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 5:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• 32 months. She had been daytime potty trained for months and I was ready to see what she'd do at night. Kind of hard to get up and use the potty in the middle of the night if you are still in a crib.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:04 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• 22 months, she had climbed out at least once that i knew of and i had just found out her crib was recalled b/c the screws that held the bottom in place were breaking in half and causing the bottom of the crib to fall out on babies, didnt want that to happen to her and there was no point buying a new crib at that point
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:21 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• 16 months, shes too tall of a child to be in a crib. Plus she was co-sleeping w/ me in my bed and I was ready to have her in her own bed.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 8:18 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• My boy was 14 months when we started the process, which we are still currently doing :s The reason we decided was before of baby #2 on the way and i wanted to deal with it all b4 the baby arrives. He sleeps better at night in his bed and his day nap is alright but were still having to put him back to bed a few times before he goes to sleep....But at night we have a Safe T sleep on the bed as our house isnt completely child proof yet and i need to get locks etc for doors..iv tryed putting a kiddy gate up but our doorways arent that great for keeping them up and he just ends up pushing it down. i still have a baby monitor in the room as i dont completely trust him yet lol and i like to know what hes up too as our room is on the other side of the house so i cnt hear him without the montior.
    baby2inthemakin

Answer by baby2inthemakin at 4:11 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Ours went from crib to a full sized bed at around 3.5

Answer by rkoloms at 9:17 PM on Jun. 12, 2009