How do I host a mother/ child yoga class?

I am leading a mother/ child yoga class for a few ladies this Friday. I have the Itsy Bitsy Yoga books and have a couple of routines in mind. First, I am wondering how to section the time. Such as how to begin, how to end, etc. Also, I was wondering how to involve everyone at the same time as we all have 2 children each. Some of the poses are only for babies, some only for tots, and some require mother & child to hold hands and can only be done with one child at a time . . . If you have ever lead a mother/ child yoga class or even been to one, please let me know your ideas & tips.

Senae

Asked by Senae at 6:02 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• With copious amounts of iced vodka would be my vote :D
    MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 9:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Not getting much on here. I will add that I have decided how to start the class. Musical Hugs. Play music (Bob Marley lullaby cd) and stop it every so often. We dance when the music plays. When the music pauses, everyone finds someone to hug. I figured it will bring the children into our yoga activity and we could all use lots of hugs to get our day going. I think it will set a positive happy loving tone for the class, which is what I want.
    Senae

Answer by Senae at 11:11 PM on Jun. 10, 2009