Could I be starting to dialate??

Ok, I go to the doctor tomorrow..but I am curious right now. I only have 14 weeks left until my due date. Every once in a while, I will feel a very minute bit of pressure in my pelvic area (a little like having the urge to pee). I have also been experiencing some minor back-aches, not necessarily pain; just an achy, tense feeling if I sit, stand, lay for too long a period of time. The biggest thing is.....when DH and I are intimate, sometimes it is like I can't feel him.....and all I can think is that HE isn't shrinking, so maybe I am starting to dialate?? IDK I know it is a weird Q, and I am going to try to ask the OB tomorrow, if I can come up with a less-embarassing/graphic way to ask the question....did anyone else have this problem?? I used to be a "wham, bam, thank you mam" kinda-girl....now it takes forever to get to the "O"...if I even do. Thoughts, opinions, suggestions??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think u probably dropped and so there is more presser there. depending on how far along you are they will check to see if your dilated at your appointment also or tell them what you feel.

MOM_OF_FOUR_00

Answer by MOM_OF_FOUR_00 at 6:41 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Haha you're cute :] I hope you're dilating 'cause if you're not that would suck about your sex life! You should let us know tomorrow how it goes.

As for a less embarrassing way to say it...hmm as long as he's not there and it's a girl I'd just say it.
    ours

Answer by ours at 7:04 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• in my opinion I doubt your dilating, but doctor told me the only way you can tell if you are dilating late in pregnancy is if your nauseated and possibly spotting consistantly..

as for the problems with sensitivity, remember you have 2 times as much blood flow under the skin down there . so, that may have something do with it.. as well as the "o" problem its just cuz everythign down there is engorged from the extra blood .. hope that helps!
    Anonymous