I can't stand kids. Is this hormones?

This is definitely not part of my normal personality. I gave birth to my son 6 months ago and have been BFing him exclusively......So I am thinking it's hormonres. Being around other people's babies makes me feel ill. I can't stand to hear other kids crying; it makes me feel like I'm going to puke. I normally love playing with and holding other people's babies and kids but now I just avoid them. I don't have PPD and can't get enough of my son so I don't know what's wrong. Is this hormonal? Did anyone else have this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• I wasn't like that after having my son, but while i was pregnant with him i couldn't stand to around other peoples kids, even my own nephews. I think it can be alot to do with your hormones and they may be starting to go back to normal. It may also be fatigue. If it doesn't get better, within a few weeks at most a month or two, i'd say talk to your doctor
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 6:50 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I didn't have this problem but it could very well be a combination of hormones and fatigue. You are giving so much to your baby that there isn't much left for anyone else's child.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:43 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• PPD has a wide variety of symptoms, I would talk to your doc. I was advised that mood fluctuations are likely to happen as long as you are breastfeeding.
    Anonymous

• OP here. Thank you for not judging me ladies. I feel really horrible about it. I mean, what mother doesn't like kids? I feel a little better about it and will talk to my doctor. Thank you!
    Anonymous

• I hate kids too! I actually never planned to have any; then fell in love,got married, and it just seemed like the thing to do. I love, adore, and genuinely like my 13 year old daughter, just really can't stand most other kids (most of the kids on our block are afraid me, I like to think of myself as Mr. Wilson).

Answer by rkoloms at 12:57 PM on Jun. 12, 2009