do people really meet other moms online is it safe?

where do these people live?

hot4me

Asked by hot4me at 6:48 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• As long as you meet in a public place for the first few times or go as a group. I have met for play dates with moms from here that live in my town. We have a great time.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:51 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• i met people off of myspace that live locally and no problems, these ppl became really good friends of mine
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 6:51 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I have met quite a few moms on this site. I joined a group that is made up of moms from my town. The group has a standing meeting for coffee weekly. Moms nights out monthly and playdates weekly. It been fantastic. Just look for a group of moms in your area. It's been great for me. The moms are terrific.
    jenlenr

Answer by jenlenr at 6:53 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I have a really great group of friends that i met on here! We do playdates with the kids, ladies nights out, holiday parties, all kinds of stuff! One of them actually was my photographer for my wedding! Just make sure if you meet someone from online that it's in a very public place, and preferably in a group setting. (i'm in Idaho/Utah, btw)
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 7:00 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I'd like too but I don't think anyone really lives in Minnesota!!
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 7:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• There are several moms i have met in IRL off of cafe mom.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 7:48 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Public meetings are best.
    Here in our area of VA we have a playgroup that meets at a toddler's playground inside our mall. We gather together, chit chat, and watch the little ones play. One of the mom's always gets a coupon for a free photo at Picture People so we head on down there in the mall and get a group shot taken.
    There are other events that are planned every week for the mom's to get together - mostly as playgroups with their toddlers - and they do different things as they go different places.
    I have only attended one playgroup because I'm a grandmother and my granddaughter is still and infant so can't do the things the toddlers do. Also, the moms are a LOT younger than I am...lol.
    But it is very possible to meet other moms. Just play it safe!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:37 AM on Jun. 11, 2009