• In the Spotlight:

Do you think a 45 yr. old man and a 39 yr. old woman still living at home is kind of weird?

I mean they never even tried living on their own. That is so dysfunctional I tell you.

sweetmom1007

Asked by sweetmom1007 at 6:53 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• hmmm...i would say if they have a good relationship with thier parents maybe they just don't see the point in moving. kinda like failure to launch.

it is weird though.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 7:33 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Is there ANY good reason they are still there? Mom and dad in poor health, they themselves have a health problem? If not, then yeah, I would find it odd. I couldn't wait to move out of my parents house, and when I had to move back briefly, it about killed me.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I know a family,the 2 dd never left home,one is 70,and the other one is 63,I mean they never left home.
    Anonymous

• No,no one has health problems. It's just a dysfunctional home. It's my husband's parents' home. His brother and sister still live at home and hardly give them money. Wasting their lives away.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 7:01 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Well, it obviously isnt strange to them. Some people are just home bound. They arent interested in being married or on there own. There also be some mental issues that arent apparent to those that arent close to the family. I worked with a couple sisters who were in there late 30's who lived at home with "Mother". There was actually 4 sisters all together that lived with "Mother". They had never lived anywhere else and never had boyfriends or girlfriends just each other. They were perfectly happy, a little "out there" to me. It happens........
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:01 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• My husband was 31 and still living at home when I "stole" him away LOL

His mother did need him, he helped her escape from the abusive relationship she had with his step father. Also, he was in the process of preparing to move out when he met me and that basically got him out of there pretty well.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 7:19 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• In my extended family, that's how it was done. Children did not leave home till married. I was a groundbreaker by being the first to do so.

One of my younger cousins did live at home till she was in her 30s, but saved every penny to buy a house. And she did a lot of traveling. Her older brother and sister are still home. And as weird as it sounds, it works because their dad has MS and has been deteriorating for close to 20 years.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2009