Allergic to latex...what can I use?

I found out a few years ago that I am allergic to latex. So far, it makes me itchy and turn red, but it goes away. I discovered this using latex gloves working in the medical field. At the time, I didn't think much of it, b/c I am single and wasn't dating, wasn't having sex, etc. But now I am dating someone, and it suddenly occurred to me the other day when I had the thought that I should pick up some condoms just to be safe, that that would probably not be a good idea. So, aside from asking him to be tested (which I am going to do), what kind of options are there for safe sex, besides latex condoms? I am looking for preventing disease, pregnancy is not a concern b/c my tubes are tied. So, the pill and things like that are no use. Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Health

• i too am allergic to latex u will find that the lamb skin and synthetic (man-made) materials run a little higher in price. i find personally that the new synthetic, they may just say latex free condoms, are a little less weird, just the thought of lamb skin being inside my body makes me feel gross! but if u can get past the thought, either are fine! talk to your gyno if ur not to sure about the safety for preventing diseases.....they will go over it with you and mayb even throw in a few smples, so you can find one that works best for your body. hope this was helpful!
    KeLiStA

Answer by KeLiStA at 7:06 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Lamb skin condoms.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• they make them out of vinyl too
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:09 PM on Jun. 10, 2009