I agree with : lifeasinoit :
Your bathroom may not have adequate ventilation. Make sure you either run your fan everytime you shower or open the window. We have a very small bathroom in the master, and we did put in a fan, BUT, we squeegie the sides of the shower stall every time we shower. It only takes a couple of minutes and we don't have so bad a mildew problem.
My mother in law keeps a towel hanging on her shower/tub unit just for wiping down the walls quickly.
The way to get rid of it, is to spray clorox and water mixture. Be careful, tho b/c spraying upwards means it falls back down into your eyes so use a ladder. I would think that if you were to do all of these suggestions, you prob. will at least see less mildew. :)
I used to live in a townhouse that had no ventilation and I always had mold and mildew on the ceilings and parts of the walls, straight bleach, unless the wall is already deteriorating.
at 6:59 AM on Jun. 11, 2009