Swimming

At what age is it safe to take your baby swimming?

Ness87

Asked by Ness87 at 7:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 2 (-26 Credits)
  • I got a cheap little blow up pool at the dollar store and I fill that up for my son to play in on hot days. Chlorine pools are fine too after 6 months I think, just be sure your baby does'nt have the runs if you use a public pool. But a little blow up one is perfect cause they can sit down in it and still look around and you don't have to hold them. My son loves it! I throw a couple toys in there with him too and he plays for a half hour or so.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 7:17 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• 6 months, before that if their face goes into the water, they will still just try to breath in the water.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• you can take them in anytime. we are in a swim class now, and they say to blow in there face before you put them under, they will hold there breath that way. and after a few times of doing it they will just learn to do it. we have had 4 classes and my son already knows how to hold his breath.
    Anonymous

• I guess I should have mentioned my son is not quite 3 months. Thanks for the answers!
    Ness87

Answer by Ness87 at 8:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2009