what is the crazies thing you've ever convinced your kids of?

i convinced my daughter i used to be an elf and worked for santa. and i told her that's why her brothers ears look like yodas. (they really kinda do) she beleived me until the kids at school started the there is no santa thing. what have you convinced your kids is true?

princezzmommie

Asked by princezzmommie at 7:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I convinced my sons that tapioca pudding was made out of fish eggs, even read the ingredients and told them that 'tapioca' was spanish for fish eggs. Told them that if they didn't chew it completely the little fishes would grow in their tummies. They really thought it was funny.
    When my oldest lost one of his teeth last year (he was 7) I wasn't able to do the whole 'tooth fairy' thing that night, so we had my sister call him on the phone and pretend she was the tooth fairy. He was soo excited that the tooth fairy called him.
    SlapHappi

Answer by SlapHappi at 8:30 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Just last night i had to convince my 2 year old that his imaginary tiger was sleeping outside with the dogs! lol!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 7:06 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• i've got my daughter convinced she has a magic teddy bear that can get hugs from daddy and give hugs to daddy even though daddy is deployed. so she hugs it every night and every morning and its giving her a hug from daddy and holding onto a hug from her to send to daddy.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:12 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• My 2 year old firmly belives that chickens live under his arms.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 7:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• When my oldest son, who is now 24 was about 5, he lost his first tooth. We put it under his pillow, for the tooth fairy, and when I thought he was asleep,I snuck into his room. He wasn't all the way asleep, and woke up and saw me. He didn't say anything till morning,though. He said "mom,the tooth fairy looks just like you." I told him, "well, yeah, of course she would. She makes herself look like Mommy,so if you wake up and see her, you won't be scared." He believed me,and I never had any problems after that.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 7:18 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• **When my oldest son, who is now 24 was about 5, he lost his first tooth. We put it under his pillow, for the tooth fairy, and when I thought he was asleep,I snuck into his room. He wasn't all the way asleep, and woke up and saw me. He didn't say anything till morning,though. He said "mom,the tooth fairy looks just like you." I told him, "well, yeah, of course she would. She makes herself look like Mommy,so if you wake up and see her, you won't be scared." He believed me,and I never had any problems after that.**
    i'm going to have to steal that one if that problem ever arises in my house!
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:30 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• The rotten tooth monster comes and takes all your teeth if you don't brush them.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 7:32 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Told dd that if she put anything in her V,she could die from disease, that didn't stop her.
    Anonymous

• My older girls convinced my poor 3 yr old that there is a Walmart man who comes and gets kids who are bad in the store...he believed them and never acted up in that store again...sick I know.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:59 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• My almost 13 yr old that I signed a contract when he was born to be a "mean" mommy. My friends 11 and 14 yr olds believe this too.

My SO just said that if a boy plays with his penis too much hair will grow on his palms. And that a girl can only get pregnant from sucking on a man's penis. (Told by parents to children).

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:48 PM on Jun. 10, 2009