is your toilet caulked or not?

my husband recently remodeled our bathroom himself. it looks great. only thing is, the toilet is on the white tile floor and there is this gunk building up down there between the two. now obviously i clean it up, but i never had to do so before so i'm wondering if i should have him caulk it up or something. i don't want to ask him because he always acts like i'm stupid when i ask a question that he perceives as stupid. Like i'm supposed to know about that stuff. so is your toilet caulked or not? is it just me?

princezzmommie

Asked by princezzmommie at 7:10 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Mine's not caulked.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:12 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Mine isn't, and i have no idea if it is supposed to be or not! Maybe google "How to install a toilet" and see if it says anything about that!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 7:15 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Mine is not caulked, but it does seem like it could be if you wanted. B.c I remember years ago when my boys got to potty training age, they seem to miss the pot as they got old enough to go by themself and the toilet seemed to always smell like urine. I think I caulked it.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Mine is. :)
    brancoj

Answer by brancoj at 1:04 AM on Jun. 11, 2009