• In the Spotlight:

is it ok to travel with a baby after their born?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i traveled with mine when she was almost 2 months.. they say wait until either 12-16 weeks tho, at least from what I heard. She was flown because of hip issues and we had to get her to a specialist as quickly as possible
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:23 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• they can. my dr said to wait 2 months since their little immune systems and being on a plane means everyones germs!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 7:27 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I traveled with mine when he was 4 months old...it was his first flying trip!! I will never do it again alone though, my husband didn't go because of work!!!
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 7:30 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I did around 7 weeks... the doctors said it wasn't ideal, but it was the only time we could get out to see my family. In general it's advised to keep them out of crowded places, especially airplanes with the recirculated air, for the first 2 months and especially for the first few weeks.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Yup. It's best if you breastfeed though because it gives them added immunities.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• mine flew at 8 weeks. again at 4 months and we are next weeks....at 10 months. we are a military family. if going on a plane with a baby, have bottles ready for them to suck. this helps with that popping in their ears when the pressure changes. if they take a pacifier give them to them at take off and landing instead of a bottle. but my little guy did great his first 2 times.....laid in his car seat and slept and played.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I went when my son was 3 months. He did fine. We're actually leaving on another trip on Saturday.
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 2:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2009