Do you think that blind faith can be detrimental to society?

I watched Bill Maher's documentary Religulous last night. He basically traveled the world interviewing people from different religions.

What surprised me the most about the film is that a lot of the people he interviewed (not all) could not logically support their beliefs. This was somewhat scary to me since religion has a huge impact on the choices and actions of many in this world.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/96238/

logansmomma2007

Asked by logansmomma2007 at 7:30 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No. I think having no faith is detrimental.
    Anonymous

• yeah you need a happy medium. God made us to have minds to think and to follow at free will.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 7:33 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• People had blind faith in hitler.
    Anonymous

• Blind faith can be pretty scary. Like the anon. poster said, people had blind faith in Hitler. Religious zealots that have "blind faith" can do some pretty crazy things....kill people because they have faith that it was God' doing....a scary thought.
    Anonymous

• Absolutely! Blind faith can be very dangerous.
    Anonymous

• "What surprised me the most about the film is that a lot of the people he interviewed (not all) could not logically support their beliefs."

He didn't exactly pick the brightest crayons in the box, either. LOL.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:42 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Why is everyone posting as anon?
    logansmomma2007

Answer by logansmomma2007 at 7:42 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I dont think blind faith exist.
    Anonymous

• Oh, and for your answer, yes blind faith is dangerous. But just because someone has faith doesn't mean they are blind. Faith is only as good as what you put it in.

I put my faith in Jesus Christ. Before I did this I was blind, but He opened my eyes and now I see the truth clearly. I don't have blind faith. I worship God with my mind and my heart.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:44 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Why does it matter if someone is posting anon.? Yes, I do think having blind faith can be extremely dangerous.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 7:50 PM on Jun. 10, 2009