How to get my breast fed baby to take a bottle?

My little man will be 5 months on the 15th. He refuses any and every single bottle. It's not the formula it the nipple. Maybe thought someone knew about a special kind or something. Well thanks for your answers. xox

cpaarni

Asked by cpaarni at 7:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried a sippy cup? My child refuses a bottle, but takes a sippy cup easily. It took a few tries to get her to take it, but she does fine now.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 7:47 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Skip the bottle if your child can sit up (even assisted--like in a cushy high chair) & go straight to a sippy cup or a regular cup with your help. DD was a breastfeeder until one year & I started her on a cup around 6 months (just water). By a year when she switched to cow's milk, she had mastered the cup & so I never introduced a bottle. That being said, my oldest DD refused the Playtex bottles (with the squashy type nipples) and did best on the cheapest bottle we ever bought for her with the no-brand-name nipple on it!!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 7:57 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I agree! Just go to the sippy cup. My children both started taking their sippy cup from time to time between 5 and 6 months.
    princessj05

Answer by princessj05 at 8:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• You don't need the bottle. Cup. And let someone ELSE do it when you're not around. Babies are smar...they will reject the bottle from mom when she's got the good stuff RIGHT THERE.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:21 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I have heard ADIRI nursers are the best rated as being closest to nursing.. :)
    Mom2Meredith

Answer by Mom2Meredith at 10:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2009