all religions and superstition*same question more details*

Is all religion such as Wicca, Islam, Judaism and Christianity just glorified superstition? If you think so why do you think so? I ask because I reading a book that called it superstition religion. I wanted more of a explanation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I wouldnt say all religions no, i would say just pagan and wicca. I think Christianity and superstition are far from related one is real the other is not end of story. To me it seems as if pagan and wicca are just people playing make believe.
    Anonymous

• Islam is not glorified superstition.. it is the Word of God.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 8:24 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• All ancient civilisations had their creation myths. The stories in the Old Testament Book of Genesis are but a reflection of much older myths that were told in ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia from at least 3000 BC. Indeed, the further back we go, the more dominant the creation myth becomes. There are so many similarities between religions of today and ancient religions no longer accpeted or practiced that it's hard for me to take it all seriously. I feel religions all have 'their time in the sun' and then are replaced by a different one.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:32 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Shaddup anon :25.
    Anonymous

• I think either people need to believe in an afterlife and/or need someone or something to follow......OR they have experienced something they can't explain and attribute it to a god or gods. Neither of these reasons would convince me to believe. Just because I want something or don't understand something, doesn't mean it's real.

The dictionary def. of superstition is: a belief or practice resulting from ignorance, fear of the unknown, trust in magic or chance, or a false conception of causation.

To me this is the definition of religion too LOL.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 8:48 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Anon :25......It seems to me as if Christianity is just people playing make-believe.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 8:49 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• No, I don't agree with that. Superstition can be such a vague and wide range of things. Like don't walk under a ladder, or don't step on a crack, etc. Religion is completely different. It's about what a person's true beliefs are no matter what they may be. Christianity is God's Written Word. I'm sure most of the other religions wouldn't want to be compared to superstition either...
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 8:50 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• right on metalcowgirl34
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 9:18 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I find it interesting when I added wiccan and all religions to the question the answers became very much different. Those that answered yep...totally care to elaborate why ?
    Anonymous

• All superstition comes from witchcraft; heathens, pagans, and lets not forget devil worshipers.JSAF
    Anonymous