labor/poop question, lol

When you go into labor...not when actually giving birth...do you have to poop a lot? I've read where a lot of women get diarrhea and as someone who is VERY shy about using any bathroom other than my home one, I'm a little worried about having to do this at the hospital. Experiences, lol? Sorry if this is a ridiculous question, but I get embarrassed really easily.

Also...my mom says that before she gave birth, the nurses gave her an enema...but friends have told me they no longer do this...did you have to have one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• OMG! You sound like me. I might be worse. I used to shower after I went potty. It all ended after I had my son. I don't use the restroom anywhere, but my home. I recently started using my parent's bathroom again. I actually went potty when I had him. (While giving birth) My biggest fear happened. I didn't with my daughter. Thank God. Back to birth with my son.... Like I said I went potty with him, but like someone else said... You don't really care when you're giving birth. All you care about is getting the baby out. Everything I didn't want to happen DID. It's ALL worth it though. You can ask me any other questions if you like.
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 8:53 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I had diarrhea a few hours after I got induced and YES it was embarrassing. The room smelt horrible. The good news is I didn't poop while giving birth like a few of my friends did.
    Anonymous

• No they no longer, give enemas, I have heard that some women do get diarrhea from the pain meds, or IV or somthing, some women vomit as well, but i didnt get sick at all so i cant help much with that. Good luck, and congrats on the pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• I have had 3 children and only pooped once. It was right before pushing my 2nd born out! At that point and time I wasn't embarrassed at all. If it would help get my son out, I didn't care!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:27 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I'm older than you and they did give me an enema all three times I had kids. Your body tends to try to clean itself out in preparation for the birth. You can always give yourself an enema before you go to the hospital if you 'd feel better doing that.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:02 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• ok, lol....if I do have to go at the hospital...the nurses won't insist on going into the bathroom with me or anything, right, lol? Will I need help? God, I hope not!
    Anonymous

• It depends on your body. You can watch what you eat from the time you go into labor on...or ask for an enema. I SO worried about this and all I can say is that they DO NOT CARE. Still, you cannot avoid it sometimes because you are pushing everything out. Sorry to say. Again, I was freaked on this too. Have a diet drink!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:14 PM on Jun. 10, 2009