Why is there so much "hate" for our Troops?

I'm just curious why there is so much hate for a group of individuals that volunteer (I use volunteer loosely) to keep the freedom and peace as best to their abilities. These people have so much courage and pride for our country that they would do things that even they may not agree with for the very people that hate on them. I was just curious as to how our fellow Americans can be so disgusted with a body of people in place to keep them safe?

And do these same people hate on our police, fire fighters and EMTs? Those people are there for the better of everyone too, what is the difference?

RavnJay

Asked by RavnJay at 8:29 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anon:28,

Doesn't he CHOOSE to get into a car? Isn't it an option? People make choices every day that could cause their own death.

Now cancer, I agree with you on, unless they somehow caused it. Working with chemicals or smoking is a choice that they made and can cause cancer.

I think the most honorable thing a person could do is to CHOOSE a career that is noble and helps people or protects a country, despite the possible dangers. My husband looks at it like, we're all going to die, if he dies protecting his country, then he died protecting freedom. And we're well taken care of if something were to happen to him, no matter how it happened.

I think the deeper question here, depsite our differences in thinking, is can't you respect the need for the military? Can't you realize how great it is that there are people wiling to volunteer so your husband doesn't have to serve? I would think you would be thankful.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 8:34 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• yellow ribbonSUPPORT OUR TROOPS   KEEP THEM SAFE AND COME HOME SOON

nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 8:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I'll answer your question with a question...where are you seeing this hate? I cannot say I've EVER seen it in person.

What I HAVE seen is that their "boss" the US Giv't doesn't do as well by them as it should.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:32 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Oh I agree! I fully support our Troops. I'm a prior service soldier and my husband is currently serving overseas in Iraq. I'm just curious why some people feel the way they do. Thanks for your support! :D
    RavnJay

Answer by RavnJay at 8:32 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• RAVNJAY TELL YOUR HUSBAND FOR ME THANK YOU FOR KEEPING MY DAUGHTER SAFE
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 8:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

While my husband and I were stationed at Fort Lewis, WA, for about 3 months before we deployed, there were protests outside of every major gate to the base. I have seen hate for the troops in several areas. I've heard people call Soldiers baby killers and murders.
    RavnJay

Answer by RavnJay at 8:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Nobody wants a war. who the F wouldn't support the people who volunteer to protect them?that's like children who want to run out into the street when a car is coming and get mad at the parents who run out and grab their arm. childish...
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 8:36 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I CAN NOT ANSWER FOR EVERYONE ELSE BUT ME I SUPPORT OUR TROOPS 100%
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 8:37 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• The few haters are far, far left extremists, like Code Pink, they are not your average American by any means. Their logic is that the Iraq, or maybe any war, is wrong and they willingly signed up so they are complicit.

I think it's hogwash but they have the right to their beliefs.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 8:37 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• yellow ribbonmy hubby is in the military and i have not seen it personally but he has, he still very proud to be in the military and i am so proud of my soldier and all other soldiers and their familes!

Anonymous