Help!

im so scared that when i give birth i might die or the baby, just by some fluke. Im so scared and anxious! Anyone else have irrational fears like this? Im going crazy!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think that many women have those fears, whether they choose to admit it or not is a different story. The best way to combat any irrational or overwhelming fear is to talk to someone you trust and someone you know will be straight forward with you while still taking your feelings into account. And stay away from those shows about high risk labors...those will freak anyone out!
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 8:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• i had fears like that before i gave birth too. i went to lamaze class the day before and they helped me get over those fears. they told me that its only rare occurances that happens. they also said that they do everything possible to make sure that no one dies during or after the birth. remember...women have been giving birth since the begining of time. not that many have died in the process.
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 8:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I have that fear but I dont obsess on it cuz Ill freak out. Just stay calm and hope for the best. Write up a labor plan to ease ur mind in the mean time...Thats what I plan on doing. hope this helped
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 8:41 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• yeah dont think about that! just know that your going to have a cute lil baby that u n ur sig. other created!!! and he will be in your arms soon. and that you will have a normal and great experiance with labor. you will do fine.
    preggyjackie21

Answer by preggyjackie21 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 10, 2009