question reguarding wedding attire, please read the whole post

I am curious as to what the traditional wedding attire is for the following religions
islam
pagan
wiccan

Example the traditional wedding attire for Christianity is a white gown.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I wore white at my wedding with my first communion veil. I was in white from head to toe and a blue garder. :-)
    Anonymous

• I know a Pagan/Wiccan can wear anything. I mostly have seen old world type clothing. Midevil gowns and celtic attire. For example

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:41 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I can't spell, I meant medieval

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:42 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• pnwmom that is a beautiful looking gown reminds me of what i see at the renisance festival deffinetly not for hippy women though lol (women with big hips)
    pepsi_lover_mom

Answer by pepsi_lover_mom at 8:43 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• As far as I know Wiccans/Pagans can wear what they want...
    As for Traditional Christian Weddings... it is well known that White is only worn by the Virgin Bride..
     Tho we all know that Tradition isn't upheld often...LOL...

This gown is the one I am looking at getting to renew my vows with dh on our 20th Pagan style.

fancyaccfront.jpg picture by Gmasboy

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Aw gmasboy, that is breath taking. Take pictures.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:59 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Thats amazing gmasboy!!!!
    My friend did a renaissance type wedding gown(in white) and she's not pagan or wiccan LOL.

I wore an offwhite dress.

You can wear whatever suits your personality as far as Ive ever seen or heard or read(pagan/wiccan. I cant speak for Muslims).
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:06 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• In Islam woman are NOT to wear clothing which imitates the clothing of non Muslims. We also don't have a wedding ceremony with all the pomp like they do here in the west. We don't have a big party and ceremony with everyone watching. Usually it is just 2 witnesses, the groom, and a male relative of the bride for the "marriage" if there is a party after men and woman are in separate locations and don't mix. The woman wear whatever dress style is local to their area as with the men. But it isn't like some big white gown or something. Just nice clothing the same as if they were going to go to the mosque for prayer. I wear the clothing I was married in all the time. It isn't anything special, just a nice presentable garment which is Islaically appropriate for a woman to wear. We don't make a big deal about the wedding, we make a big deal about having strong healthy marriages.
    NCMommy2be

Answer by NCMommy2be at 9:09 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• btw OP thanks for including Muslims in your question, I like when people ask questions about us and are sincere and kind about it.
    NCMommy2be

Answer by NCMommy2be at 9:16 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Both gowns above are breathtaking. I love them both. Yes, Christians associate with the pure white gown with being a virgin. In this day and age though, it's rare to find a woman who wears white because of that. lol...Acceptable colors for non-virgins are anything off-white or cream, or even a soft peach or soft pink. Of course, some girls want everyone to BELIEVE they are still pure and will wear the pure white anyway. It's become more a matter of preference.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 10, 2009