Depressed & need advice...

I'm 27 weeks pregnant & just recently started to show. For the last month and a half or so, my SO hasn't been the least bit affectionate toward me. I don't get hugs, kisses, & haven't had sex in what seems like forever. I'm plenty willing & have mentioned it to him & he just pretty much writes it off as nothing. It's really starting to get to me & I don't really know how to handle it anymore. I know I'm not the most attractive @ this stage (fun house mirrors, anyone?!), but I really don't think it's fair or very nice for that matter. I don't know if I think he's cheating or what...guess I just needed to vent, but any feedback will be appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I feel the same way....i am 38 weeks and the DH and I haven't done anything since about 20 weeks....i can't even remember the last time he held my hand...I have tried talking and he just said sex is weird with his son being in there and all....I wish I could help maybe someone else as some inside....i just wanted to let you know that you are not alone
    konnorsmommy09

Answer by konnorsmommy09 at 9:00 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• a lot of men are afraid they will harm the baby when you start to show and he sees there is really a baby in there! It doesn't mean he's cheating. He is probably just scared of hurting you and/or the baby

Answer by admckenzie at 9:00 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I know how you feel. I felt horrible when I was pregnant, at least you have an excuse. I can't seem to lose the baby weight. My husband wasn't comfortable having sex for a while. I asked him why and he said it's cause I was having a girl and he felt wrong. He also knew sex was uncomfortable/slightly painful for me. We only had it about once a week towards the end. You should tell him how you feel.
    Anonymous

• tell him how not having sex makes you feel and really communicate not that you wanna have sex but how it makes you feel when he doesnt show affection any more.

Im sure he'll reassure u that hes still attracted to you
    some me just get freaked cuz they know the babies there and its more real when you start to show for them
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 9:06 PM on Jun. 10, 2009