How to stay out of the drama?

A very dear friend just got back from Iraq a few days ago.While he was there he went through a really nasty divorce and ended up meeting a girl online right before he came home.After spending some time with this girl once he got home, he decided that she isn't the person she made herself out to be and told her that it wasn't working out.We have our suspicions that she also stole his cell phone because she always demanded to know who he was texting and talking to.She was super obsessed about him getting back with his ex.This girl has been texting me & our other friend like crazy trying to get him to call her.We are trying to stay out of it, even telling her to give him some space and then maybe he will talk to her.Tonight she shows up at my house because she called the company about his phone and ordered him a new one and it came in.I've tried talking to her and ignoring her.What else can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• You and he can both tell her one last time politely to stop contacting you. Tell her if she does it anymore it will be harassment and if she keeps it up, call the cops. She sounds really creepy.

ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:08 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Send her a written note telling her that you no longer wish to have any contact with her and if she doesn't respect your wishes, that you will contact the local authorities. If she does bother you even once more, go through with what you told her in the letter. (Be sure to make copies of the letter to have on hand ) you never know when you may need proof of her harrassment and your warning to her. Restraining order if necessary too.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 9:27 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• This sounds a little like fatal attraction. This woman is hurt, and upset. Your friend telling her it isn't going to work is not registering with this woman. She had no business showing up on your door step with this nonsense. Take care of your house and make sure she does not return. It sounds like your friend has his job cut out for him.
    cm2454

Answer by cm2454 at 9:30 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Wow, she sounds like an obsessive stalker! Next time she calls you or shows up at your house tell her point blank to leave you alone! Let her know you want no part of her or her drama, and if she keeps bothering you you will call the cops on her and file a restraining order. I hope she will let you and your friend in peace and move on with her life.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:33 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Tell her to put on her big girl panties and ask if she wants to watch the movie He's Just Not That Into You.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• ok that answer didn't help you. Sorry. I'm not one who gives a rat's patoot about crazy ppl and she sounds looney as a tune. Personally, I'd tell her he doesn't want to see her and to move on and to never step foot on my property again or I'll call the police

Answer by admckenzie at 10:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• She crossed the line by coming to your house!! I would told her right then it was inappropriate and none of this is your biz and if she didnt leave the cops would be called. Its harsh but PEOPLE are psycho these days!!
    ormom1977

Answer by ormom1977 at 10:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2009