• In the Spotlight:

Why people think it is OK to live with pets in an apartment?

Have some compassion for the fur animal. Animals need space!

PS {Please curb your pet}

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Pets

• I think that plenty of animals have a good life and live in apartments or townhomes....mine included. Look at all the people that live in high rise apartments and have pets that are perfectly happy and well cared for. Are you saying that you expect people who live in apartments not to have pets? i think that is a bit extreme.....How is it any different than living in an apartment with a child or children? They run around and need exercise too....am I right? And they require extra "space"....
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 9:10 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• get a grip lady! i have dogs and i lived in an appartment its called a dog park!
    Anonymous

• I had two cats in my apartment when I had one. What's the issue? They had all the space they needed.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:10 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• i have two cats and they're perfectly fine in my duplex, they would also be perfectly fine in a 1bdrm apartment.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:12 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Personally I think your animal should fit your space, and if you chose to live in an apartment you need to take your dogs out and either run with them or take them to dog parks and what not...I don't want to compare animals to children, but it is sort of the same thing. Animals need to get their energy out too, or it can lead to bad behavior.
    SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 9:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• i live in an apt. and have a huge back yard...and i have a dog. we taught him to use the fire escape, so anytime he wants to go out, we just open the window. my dog loves his life. he even has doggy stairs to help get him to the window.
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I had a cat in an apartment, she loved it! I never let her outside, she was declawed and wouldn't have been able to protect herself and was an extremely happy cat!!! She got her excersise running after a laser light, flash light or just running!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• why not? apartments are not that small and were lucky to find apartments that allow us to have pets with negative attitudes like yours there are not many places that people even say pets welcome as long as they are loved and care for and picked up after who cares if its an apartment,studio or one room!
    Nychic155

Answer by Nychic155 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• wow your dumb. as long as you are fully capable of taking care of your animals and your not packing 70 cats and dogs into a tiny apartment, who cares. If the pets are healthy and happy then its none of your business. There are 3 cats living in the 2 bedroom apartment im staying in now and they have more than enough space and are perfectly happy in their little apartment world.
    Anonymous

• I'm posting as anon because well look above. I don't care where the pet lives as long as the owners clean after them.
    Anonymous