is it safe to be in a pool being 36 weeks pregnant cause i heard it can cause early birth

Lucerocaylee

Asked by Lucerocaylee at 9:12 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i see no reason why not. if it was a hot tub or really heated water i'd say no.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Really? I meant to ask my doctor about swimming today actually (I'm 37 weeks). I would think the main concern would be that we would get nasty diseases from the water if we're dialating a little, but then I stopped and thought I'm probably wrong on that because the mucus plug is supposed to protect the baby. Don't you just hate being pregnant sometimes?! So many questions! I have to go back to get blood drawn tomorrow so maybe if I can remember I'll tell you what they say!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:15 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• you can go in a pool. but not a jacuzzi or hot water
    preggyjackie21

Answer by preggyjackie21 at 9:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Swimming is great exercise when you are pregnant and they will tell you that as long as your water hasn't broke you are just fine to swim.
    konnorsmommy09

Answer by konnorsmommy09 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• LOL no it won't cause early labor, i had both of my kids in the middle of summer and i live in Phoenix,AZ so if that was the case i would have had both of them very early because i lived in the pool :)
    Like the previous post said though you don't want to go in the jacuzzi, my doctor said it was okay to spend up to 10 minutes at a time in there but i never did, it was always too hot.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:29 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• The pool actually helped me feel better. Takes the pressure off your back for a while. Def not too long in even bath water. My parents also have a "hot" tub, but we adjust the temp so it's low and my 3 year old and I have been hanging out in that. The bubbles are fun LOL
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 12:07 AM on Jun. 11, 2009