Do you do yardwork? If so, hate it? Love it?

I have to do my own front and backyard. Mowing, weedwhacking, edging, weed pulling, hedges, tree trimming. I hate it. I used to have to do both my moms and mine but since bro moved in he does hers now. I hate it! but can't afford a gardener.

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 9:12 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I love yard work!! I work with a bunch of guys and when I tell them that they are always amazed ha ha. I also have two gardens one with watermelons and pumpkins and one with tomatoes and cucumbers. We just planted a garden this year though so keep your fingers crossed that it will grow!
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 10:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• YES.. i hate it!!! I'm allergic to soo much stuff out there, but hubby is deployed and there is nobody else to do it. If we dont' we get a ticket so I gotta suffer through it. I just got back in from mowing and i can barely breath!!! It sucks... when I get my own place, i'm going to have a yard of rocks with black tarp underneath it LOL JK
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I love doing my yard, it is the only time kids are not talking .... I sit on the mower and just ride, I enjoy the smell of fresh cut grass too...I mow on Thursday's so will get started early in the morning.... sorry you don't enjoy it :-( but I bet it looks good when your done!
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 9:19 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I wish I had a yard to do work in. I would really love to have a real fenced in back yard with a garden. I have a little flower garden at my apt. but it isn't the same thing. And no matter how allergic to grass I am, I love mowing lawn. It sounds crazy, but I do!
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 9:20 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I dont mow because hubby does but I do sometimes use the weedeater to get what the mower cant under the trees and by the house. about a month ago he trimmed some tree limbs and they laid there in the yard for 2 weeks so I got the four wheeler and wagon and loaded the limbs it wasnt easy though because it was cedar and pine limbs long ones too it sucked but I wanted them moved or they would lay there for a year!!!
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 9:22 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• For me it is a labor of love. I enjoy it for the most part.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Nope lol hubby does it all!
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 9:42 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• 07lilmama, that's me with the allergies. I have to admit though it can be rather meditating especially in the mid morning when everyone is at work or like right now when ppl are having dinner. It is quiet, my stupid neighbors aren't lurking. I think about my dad a lot because if it weren't for him I would not have my house. BUT on the other side of the coin, I have the habit of letting it grow into a jungle and then I get overwhelmed. Thank God my son is 10 and likes to earn $5 for mowing it but sometimes he just doesn't wanna do it on time and I get that "I'll show you" attitude. Now my shoes are green and I'm itchy.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 9:46 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• We both kind of do it, but DH does more. We have a company come out and do our lawn & weed wack. We take care of trimming our landscaping, taking care of other stuff, and planting flowers. I planted flowers this year and really enjoyed it. I live in MI so we only get to enjoy our landscaping for a limited amount of time before the winter comes :(
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I love working in the yard and even more so when my daughters and fiance join me to help. The only time I get aggravated at doing yard work is when I look back over what I or we have done a few days later and see stuff scattered all over the place. I think....what a waste of time! It makes me feel like the harder I try to keep the yard looking nice, the harder someone tries to make me have to work harder at it.

CountryGal6320

Answer by CountryGal6320 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 10, 2009