• In the Spotlight:

Hemmroid question (tmi?)

I went to the bathroom (number 1) wiped and i noticed something "felt different" by number two, touched with my finger and felt a little lump or two there. I think I have hemmroids but they are not itchy or bothersome, is this normal? Should I tell my doctor? Any home remedies? (Am almost 39 weeks pregnant)

tjandjenna

Asked by tjandjenna at 9:14 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lol. I had them when I was pregnant too, had no idea what they were and had to ask my sister. VERY uncomfortable conversation. haha. It's pretty normal. they sell hemmroid cream at any drug store that'll shrink them a bit, but nothing i know of makes them go away for good. GL.
    BertsMomma

Answer by BertsMomma at 9:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• This is normal some women get them during pregnancy and some don't. I still have one (many years) that bothers me from time to time. If the pain is really bad, you can always have them surgically removed. Preparation H works wonders. Take care.
    cm2454

Answer by cm2454 at 9:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• ty :)
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 9:51 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• This can be a perfectly normal thing during pregnancy. They don't allways itch. When I was pregnant and had this problem, the best thing that helped me was drinking lots of water and increasing the fiber in my diet.

Another thing you may try is rubbing a small amount of vaseline on the area where it hurts.

CountryGal6320

Answer by CountryGal6320 at 11:49 PM on Jun. 10, 2009