My son has a lump in his pelvic area,

When I changed him this morning there was nothing there. The sitter had him to the bathroom a few times and she also did not take notice to it. He says it only hurts him when I push on the lump. thats the only time it hurts him. Does anyone have any experience or know what this could be? I am calling the doctor tomorrow just because I don't trust it and I really have no clue what it could be from. He is 3 years old and is pretty clumsy but I'm pretty sure he hasn't fell on his crotch, I would think he would have cried a bit about it.

vallhk

Asked by vallhk at 9:20 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• have him cough and see if it protrudes any more than it already is or if it hurts when he coughs.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 9:24 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I'll have to have him do that, do you think it could be a hernia? I'm trying to find info on it online but I'm not having any luck finding anything.
    vallhk

Answer by vallhk at 9:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• It sounds like a hernia my 2nd born had a similar problem when he was born it did eventually go away but i would take him to the doctor as a precaution
    kittygirl3

Answer by kittygirl3 at 9:30 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• is it something like an inguinal hernia? and would take this long for it to show up? I'm just stumped, He's my first boy I have three girls. And obviously I don't have the boy parts to know what is normal lol. I will be making him a doc appt tomorrow.
    vallhk

Answer by vallhk at 9:33 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Sounds exactly like my son when his inguinal hernia first showed up at 14 months. If it's a squishy bulge that goes back in, that's most likely it. My son just had surgery for it at 21 months and did very well. It only gets worse, so as tough as it is to have your child have surgery, it's for the best. Good luck!
    veggie_kitty

Answer by veggie_kitty at 11:11 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I took him to the doc and it was an inguinal hernia. The fixed he did very well with his surgery. By two days later he was back to normal completely with absolutely no pain. thanks ladies for helping me out with this.
    vallhk

Answer by vallhk at 10:09 AM on Sep. 1, 2009