i am so scared, please help

well 2-3 weeks ago i donated blood, well i got a things from the blood center saying that they do a whole bunch of tests on the blood and when they did test mine it came back positive for syphilis but when they did more advance tests it said it was negitive and that the first test sent a false positive, i am so scared, may 18th i had my year pap and that came back clean. i have only slept with 2 guys, my ex(only once) and my dh, i dont sleep around, my heart just sank when i read that, what are the chances that i have it? even though it came back negitive with the more advanced test. please dont bash, i am scared enough and wanna stay away from my family and friends cause of this. i just dont see where i could have picked this up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Health

• Go back to the Dr. and be retested if your worried about it.
    Anonymous

• i am going tomorrow for a heart problem so i planned on talking when i was there
    Anonymous

• It probaly was just a false reading but to give you peace of mind you should go to the health clinic or doctor to make sure everything is ok Good Luck!!!
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 9:29 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• This kinda happend to me but with worse results! they said I had HIV but it was a low % of it and I lived a week thinking I had it and I also stayed away from my famliy (and I also only had 2 partners) but I got re-tested and it came back neg. (THANK GOD) but you should be fine.
    Anonymous

• it is so scary, especially when you would NEVER in a million billion years think you could get it,, i am going tomorrow but till then i am a nervous wreck, dh told me not to worry, he said if i did have he would too and he doesn't.he has donated blood 4 times and nothing
    Anonymous

• I am sure you are fine. Syphillis, while rare, does totally happen and can be treated with antibiotics. This, I know as an HIV friend of mine got it. I was shocked when he told me but...whatever. If you have it and I doubt you do, they'll put you on a course of drugs and that'll be it.
    Anonymous

• If it cane up neg on the re test then you are most likely fine.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:31 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I DONT have it, THANK GOD!! thanks to all who answered
    Anonymous