I been on Mirena for 3months and I been hitting the gym everyday just to lose the "baby fat" but

it seems like my weight is falling off SLOW I been in a diet for 8 weeks and only lost 10 Lbs and the more I read about ppl's storys about being on it on Mirena and they are getting bigger. So my question is is there anyone out there that lost weight and is keeping it off?
Is there any good stories! lol
Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I had to switch to the Paraguard, because I was so sensitive to the small amount of hormone with the Morena. Everyone thought I looked sad, depressed for the 3 weeks I was on it. I felt sluggish and my workouts were a trudge. The only side effect with the paraguard is heavier periods and some cramping. I have other friends who are swapping out the Morena for the same reason... although my doctor claims that my my side effects were rare.
    scout575

Answer by scout575 at 9:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Yea I wanted to get Paraguard but I heard that you can get cancer from the copper and b4 I heard of this I told my OB that I wanted the Paraguard and the next week he came in and said okay so you want Mirena right and I said " ummm yea!" I thought it was a sign lol silly Yes I know but I have bad luck.
    Anonymous

• I think that if you gain weight while on any kind of birth control it's because your convinced your going to. The birth control has unothing to do with it, it's all in your head. 10 pounds in two weeks is actually pretty good..stick with it...
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 10:41 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• My doctor told me MIrena is the same hormone as the Depo shot. Depo makes you gain weight too. I can't use anything like that because I will gain way too much wieght and it won't come off and I get really crazy and emotional on any type of hormonal BC.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I don't know about all in my head, I gained 40 lbs and I was only eating once a day. I really do have issues with BC and weight gain. If you read the labels it's an actual side effect.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:44 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    You are already exercising, which is the first step. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html. Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 8:39 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• 10 lbs in 8 weeks is what you SHOULD be losing. If you lost weight any quicker than that, then i bet you would gain it all back very soon. When people lose weight TOO quickly it is usually mostly water & not actual fat. And some of it might be muscle loss. It sounds like your working out is working out just fine! Keep up the good work!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:25 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I speak to ladies everyday and I would strongly suggest meat, fruits, and veggies and try to keep the carbs at a low walk everyday for about 20mins where your heart rate is up and enjoy the little one. When we eat alot of carbs our blood sugar goes up and down up and down eventually the pancrease says I have had enough and then the pancrease stops producing insulin and that is what makes you fat. If you go online and look up insulin it will tell you exactly the same thing too much insulin makes you fat and insulin comes from white refined sugar.
    Blessed53131

Answer by Blessed53131 at 9:51 PM on Jun. 11, 2009