refusing bottle

My son is 6 months and has recently become uninterested in his bottles. Not to the point where he wont drink it at all, but he has been drinking a lot less than he usually does.And I haven't been feeding him anymore food than usual, actually less hoping it will get him to drink his bottle. Is this just a phase? Is there anything I can do?

ashtonjames

Asked by ashtonjames at 9:32 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Offer him a sippy cup. They have kinds with soft mouthpieces, or try a hard one. There are sippies made specifically for 6mo+, so no it is not too soon.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 9:43 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I would try switching to a sippy cup. My LO was completely switched over at 6 mos and now we are weaning to straw cups w/o a problem.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:24 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• maybe he would rather have food food not milk try mixing the milk with fruit cereal
    audreyhv6207

Answer by audreyhv6207 at 12:19 AM on Jun. 11, 2009