have some fun and help me come up with 14 meals

I need 14 meal ideas that can feed 5 people and cost $5 or less

Kiki_pie

Asked by Kiki_pie at 10:04 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• grilled cheese and tomato soup, mac chz and hot dogs, pigs in a blanket
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:06 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Try going to http://www.campbellskitchen.com and looking at the 30 Minutes Meals. I have made the Beef Taco Skillet and it was quick and cheap to make! My 11 month old loved it, too! Another quick, easy meal to make is what my family calls Fake Spaghetti. Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
    1 lb ground beef (or turkey to be healthier)
    14oz jar of spaghetti sauce of your choice
    1 box Kraft Mac & Cheese (to make healther, use the Whole Grain Mac and Cheese)

To Prepare:
    Brown hamburger meat and drain fat. While hamburger meat is cooking, begin boiling the water for the Mac and Cheese in a sauce pan. Once your fat from the meat is drained, mix in spaghetti sauce and simmer. Finish preparing your Mac and Cheese like normal (cook noodles, drain water, and mix in cheese mix, milk and butter). Once Mac and Cheese is prepared, stir in the meat and spaghetti sauce that has been simmering and ENJOY!
    wyattsmommy626

Answer by wyattsmommy626 at 10:08 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Sloppy Joes, Hot dogs, bag of salad with one cucumber and carrot, spaghetti, turkey sandwiches, macaroni or any pasta, tofu with rice and frozen vegetables, eggs, egg salad, egg scramble, McDonald's, and I'm out of ideas...oh Costco roasted chicken which will lend itself to chicken salad sandwiches. Eggo waffles or breakfast for dinner.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:08 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• 1. Pancakes
    2. Little Caesars
    3. Mac and Cheese (mix tuna in it)
    4. Box dinners from Wal Mart (like $3.50)
    5. That fake spaghetti stuff sounds yummy

....I don't know. Look at the Dollar Store.
    Anonymous

• Cup of noodles, add some canned veg-all and crackers. lol sad but right before payday it can get that way sometimes.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 10:15 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• chicken fajitas =)
    LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Goulash!
    1 pck elbow macaroni
    1 jar red pasta sauce
    1 bag/can corn
    1 lb. ground burger

always lasts us 2 days :)

or....I just got these awesome frozen salmon fillets from albertsons for 1.50 a peice...made them blackened with rice pilaf and green beans...costed about 5 bucks for the whole meal but only for 2 people.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 11:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Pea soup is always good in our house. Of course, I add ham and carrots to it, so that helps stretch it out. You can also add potatoes.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 11:17 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• How about bean burritos?
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 11:18 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• vegetable soup.

1 can of rotel
    1 lb of ground beef
    1 large can of veg-all
    1 pack of McCormicks beef stew seasoning
    2 cups of water
    if you have some potatoes, I usually cut up 1 or 2 and add them just so there is more vegetables

bring to a boil in big pan then turn the heat down && let it simmer for about 45 min to an hour

&& Voila!!
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 11:41 PM on Jun. 10, 2009