Panic is setting in

Okay so I am 38 weeks and first time mommy and all this time I have been thinking okay I am ready and women live through labor and delivery everyday but as the due date gets closer I am starting to panic....I know its a little late now to change my mind but is this normal? Lots of women post about inducing early and natural ways but I am too scared to try...I really don't know what I am asking I guess I just need some reassurance. Its seems the Hubby just doesn't get it!

konnorsmommy09

Asked by konnorsmommy09 at 10:08 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i'm in the same boat, you go first and tell me how bad it is.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:09 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• lol I wish it was that easy...
    konnorsmommy09

Answer by konnorsmommy09 at 10:12 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• You are perfectly normal, I think every momma goes through this eventually, some earlier and some later. I know of some women who have freaked as their water was breaking, on my first I was freaking out saying I'm not ready as the Dr told me to start pushing. There was some hysteria before that too, but still going on at delivery. You will be fine, it is a big step to make in life, but one most mom's go into smoothly. It is scary, and it does hurt, but when you meet your baby face to face it is all worth it and I pronmise you wont want to change a thing!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:15 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I agree with AK aries

I am 38 wks and my doctor told me today that it will be anytime.. and I went home and just cried because all this time i had been longing for, for sooo long was finally a possibility.. whew!

But I will say, this is my #2 and I must say, I am not sure which is worse, knowing whats coming ( and my labor/ delivery was a breeze!) or ignorance about the situation... but when you go thru it, its not as bad as everyone says, and it DEFINATELY is completely worth it.. and after all is said and done.. you'd do it again :) good luck!
    Mom2Meredith

Answer by Mom2Meredith at 10:26 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Don't listen to anything negative about inducing early. You'll be fine. When you push it's like a pooping feeling and some people actually do. That was the best piece of advice I got with my first one. You hear horror stories, but the doctors know what they're doing. They'll help you have the baby early if you're ready. I was dialated 3cm with my daughter a week early and chose to have her early. I'm glad I did. I pushed 3 times and only had hard labor for like 15 minutes. I got to choose to have her on a Friday so no one had to take off work and she has been very healthy! I'm glad I did it early because if I was out somewhere, I wouldn't have made it to the hospital in time. They couldn't even give me an epidural because it went soo fast. So, if I could do 8lbs5oz natural, then you can too. Oh, and make sure when your hubby cuts the cord he doesn't look down. It could completely ruin sex forever. LOL
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 11:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2009