My SO is threatening to commit suicide

hes on tour right now and on a bus.
I told him im not going to put up with his cheating and lying ever again and he sent me all these texts saying for me to tell my kids he loves them, and that he loves his mom and for all of us to stay strong. He called me crying but didnt pick up.
Now his phone is off and i dont know what to do.
Should i call the cops? I have no uidea where he is/ But there are like 7 people on the tour bus and im sure they will see something. So what do i do???
Is he really going to do it, or is he just trying to get sympathy because i caught him cheating?
I dont know what to do. I want to stand my ground and break it off forever. ahh this is sooo stupid!!!

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• well if you have a phone number for someone that is with him i would call them and let them know you are worried about him and why you are that way they can keep an eye on him. it may be just a ploy to get you to stop thinking about what he did and to get you to be worried about him, or it may be that he really is depressed and considering it. as far as breaking it off with him for good, don't let him not being a good place emotionally be what keeps you with him. if you feel you have to wait a bit, he is on the road so its not like you are physically with him, wait until he gets home and break it off then. if you don't know exactly where he is, than you can't call the cops b/c you wouldn't know what to tell them. if you don't have a phone number for someone he is with, if you know friends/family of who he is with i would call them and ask for their numbers. you don't have to tell them whats going on, just that you have a CONT
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:21 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• CONT family emergency and can't get ahold of your SO, so you need to call someone who is near him that way you can speak with him.
    vabchmommy

• he is probably just bluffing, but even if he isn't you have already made your mind up. If he does do something stupid, then you should never blame yourself. My baby's daddy did the same thing when I kicked him out, but most of the time if someone is really going to do it, then they don't sit around talking about it. anyway, I called his bluff && still kicked him to the curb. You deserve to be treated better. don't let him guilt you back into that unhealthy relationship.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• He is most likely trying to get sympathy and to stop you from breaking up with him, but to be safe call some of the other on the bus and let them know that he is threatning to kill himself, and to keep an eye on him.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• If someone wants to harm themselves there is nothing you can do and it will not be your fault. Most ppl who threaten to do it, don't. If he truly was going to do it he would do it and not tell. It sounds like he's manipulating you. Let the ppl he's with handle it. They won't let him do it. He'll probably be fine. He shut off his phone to upset you and make you freak out. Don't let him control you like that

Answer by admckenzie at 10:23 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Get a boyfriend! My hubby has his side dish and I have mine! (safe sex only, and make sure you both know the rules) He knows he and his money come home to me, and I and our kids are FIRST priority!
    Our marriage is MUCH better now. and after a while you trust that he knows to come home (kinda like a dog LOL)
    Anonymous

• First of all....YOU are not responsible for another person's life. Second.....usually people who are going to kill themselves do not tell anyone they are planning on doing it. I really think he is just trying to scare you into forgiving him and staying with him. Stand your ground, do what is best for you and your children, his life is his responsibility NOT yours.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:35 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• It's a form of abuse, either way. IF HE REALLY WAS GOING TO DO IT, he wouldn't tell you. If he wanted to take his life, he wouldn't try to get your attention and make you feel bad, he'd do it. I know this because i have a good friend that had this happen to her. He never made any threats, he just did it. It's verbal abuse, and you shouldn't take that at all. He's emotional unstable because he has to threaten you and because he's cheating on you. NO WOMAN deserves this behavior, you shouldn't deal with this at all. It's not good for the children to be raised around an unstable adult. They need a positive role model.
    princessj05

Answer by princessj05 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• But, i'd try to call one of his friends... just to check, you can't help but to worry, and if not, i'd call the police, show them the messages, put his abusive self in the psych ward for an eval and hope he learns his lesson and/or get better!
    princessj05

Answer by princessj05 at 10:53 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Honestly, you're still with this guy so you're pretty much bringing on whatever this BS is. When is enough enough?
    Anonymous