What are easy meals to make for camping?

I need to make a grocery list for this camping trip I'm taking this weekend & I'm clueless on what to bring. Any helpful suggestions would be much appreciated? =)

momma_of_kyky

Asked by momma_of_kyky at 10:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Food & Drink

• What kind of camping are you talking about exactly? We go on some serious camping trips-the kind where you carry everything on your back and there is not a convience store for miles and miles also no cell phone service. We take spaghetti, velveeta and shells-really any pasta is good. Bean burritos. We take a lot of granola and snack foods.

If you are just going on a 2 day camping trip you can pretty much take anything. Hot dogs, hamburgers, steaks...
    Anonymous

• Are you in a tent? how are you cooking?
    for my cooler I pack
    cottage cheese, string cheese, beef jerky or bites, lunch meat and cheese, with squeeze mayo squeeze mustard
    fruit cups, juice boxes, bagels, cream cheese, hard boiled eggs in plastic container, yogurt, trail mix
    gram crackers, large marshmellows and hershey bars...for smores!!!
    any meat you can put on a stick or wrap in foil..and bring heavy duty foil! wet wipes and paper towels. the obvious paper plates, plasticware,garbage bags and if you are camping in a tent bring rope and a sack of some sor.. to hang your food from a tree...I live way up north and if your food is available to the bears..they will ransack your campsite! I am not kidding! if you need to know more ask...and I do have some good skillet recipes for camping if you would like.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:53 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• We always made hobo meals where we had some sort of meat, potatos, carrots, onions, whatever! Everyone picked out what they wanted and wrapped them all up in tin foil with whatever seasoning and cooked it on the coals. So good!
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 2:55 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• http://www.recipesource.com/misc/camping/
    http://www.koa.com/recipes/campfirecooking.htm

here are 2 links to well over dozens of recipes. I have found the best thing is to just keep it simple!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:32 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• We make cat tails wrap canned bisquits around a stick cook over fire roll in butter then in a cinnamon/sugar mixture. They are so good and the kids love them. We also do sliced potatoes with onions in foil. Lots of hotdogs.
    amy7243

Answer by amy7243 at 11:50 AM on Jun. 11, 2009