Exercise suggestions...

I have an almost 2 month old and would like to get in shape. Anyone have any creative exercises I can do as I'm holding her? Something that works my abs would be very helpful. But any others are welcomed also.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Try the slim in 6 videos! I have four kids and can't always get to the gym. The moves are easy to catch on to, it's not silly dance moves or anything and it works every part of your body! It's a great workout and it really does work. Just google slim and six.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Sorry! Google Slim in 6 weeks....
    Steff107

• I do Pilates and Taebo...my abs aren't where they need to be yet but those are really helping! Do it when the baby is sleeping! Also changing your diet will give you more results than exercise will! Good luck!
    tangyh

Answer by tangyh at 10:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Lie on your back, feet on the floor near your back end and hip width apart., knees bent. Press your lower back to the floor. Hold the baby close to your chest, and roll up just so that you feel it in your abdomen. Then roll down.

Sit in a chair. Scoot forward toward the front of the chair. Rest the baby on your thighs. Anchor yourself with your hands on the sides of the seat, curl your back to keep from hurting it, and lift your knees up just until you feel it in your abdomen.

Answer by Bmat at 10:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Legs lifts...that's all I can think of. When our not holding her there's tons you can do..Such as crunches-yes they work if your doing them right and not half assing them. The plank is a great ab work out.. as well as arms and legs.. Doing a modified crunch where you turn to the side is going to work those love handles..
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 10:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I would suggest Curves you do not have to create a workout it is already set-up for you, you get cardio and strenghth training at the same time and you are done in an half hour and they suggest 2-3 x's a week obviously you can go more but 2-3 is good they use hydrolic machines and they have I believe 2 that work abs check it out usually you can go for 1 week free.
    Blessed53131

Answer by Blessed53131 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 11, 2009