Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

am i being selfish??

me and my bf are ttc and were talking about the babies name being --- for the last name i want my last name with his for the baby because i have one daughter with my last name and not her fathers and i dont want temonee growning up to feel feft out. he just wants his last name. he also said he doesnt want out last names ---- when we get married and again i want it for my daughter. am i being selfish or do i have the right 2 feel this way? now i dont really wanna ttc if i cant have that. i dont even feel like sex if there is a chance to fall pg as im not on anything.i/we want a baby of out own he has 3 girls already and wants a boy. we reacenty had a misscarraige.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

Answers (4)
  • I don't think so..When I get married, Im not taking his last name unitl my son is adopted by him...I don't want Blake growing up with a different name than me and then asking why. Having both is perfectly fine. For men, it's about continuing there name in their family.

    Answer by sarapurser at 10:54 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

  • Use both of your last names. Or go by what sounds best. You don't have to take his name when you're married. My mom was remarried and had a son and I was the only one with my last name. It didn't really bother me. If you do have agirl she might get married and change it anyways. And sometimes you have to pick your battles. If you just won one, let him have his way with something. It helps. Mine wanted a boy (She's a girl) So I let him pick her name. Sorry about your baby. I lost 3.

    Answer by tcarter1981 at 11:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

  • go to the town hall with the other person ur man and be like he is my sons father i would like his name put as the father under the births fathers name i did that with my daughter and me and him agreed that she would never know and the people didnt even ask a question just put it on and then fill out a knew social security card as lost and put your son or daughter name on it and the mans last name no need for adoption as long as the man wants to do that much easyer good luck!

    Answer by ohmama213 at 12:12 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

  • ohmama213, so you are never going to tell your daughter that her bio father is someone else?? She has a RIGHT to know! I guess she'll just hate you when she finds out on her own years down the road.

    OP: just use both names. that is what my friends did for their daughter since they aren't married but the mom wanted to continue her family name. And you can fill out the birth certificate when the baby is born and put whatever last name you choose! Both parents don't sign it.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.