Inlaw help

My sil got between me and my daughter the other day while I was disaplining her. She went so far as to corner my daughter and scold her to were I couldn't hear what was being said. The reason for me not getting involved was due to shock that another mother could have to balls to step in between me and my child like that. To top it off my daughter screamed "don't touch me" to my sil. I don't leave my daughter with her so don't know what that was about. My sil is the know it all about parenting and sticks her ass in everyones buisness and children. I am scared to confront to face due to she will start a fight and then turn the situation around to my mil and make me look like I did something wrong when I didn't but she did. I have to be carefull with stuff like that with my inlaws due to drama queens that are in this family. Any advice would be helpful. Thanx

Aimeesmommie

Asked by Aimeesmommie at 11:08 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• There is no one, except my husband, who is allowed to discipline my children. I suggest the same. If your SIL was mine she'd be lucky I didn't rip off her head. I wouldn't care what anyone thought this is your family and NO ONE else's.
    Mommy2Bears

Answer by Mommy2Bears at 11:14 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• ummm, I wouldn't care if my mil got mad or not. she had no business to get between you && your child. I would just have to take that drama, but I'm a very outgoing person.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 11:11 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I agree with the first 2 posters. There is NO WAY IN HELL I would allow someone to come between me and my child! You are the mother not your SIL and apparently she feels that she has free reign over you, your daughter, etc. I wouldn't care if my MIL got pissed at me for saying something to her or not. It was not her place to discipline YOUR child while you were handling it yourself. Don't let the fear of upsetting people keep you from doing what is right with your family. There are boundaries that NEED to be set her. I would put her in her place. And if anyone else has a problem with it, put them in their place as well. You are the MOMMA!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:22 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• you have allll the righht to tell that beezy off. if you dont want something comming between you and your child. you should let them know. otherwise there is no stopping them to do it in the future. they will they have the right to say something, like it were there child. its hard but standing up for yourself as a mom is important!!!
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry, but you're an idiot. I usually don't like to criticize other mothers, but in this circumstance, you were behaving like an idiot. You should have said something right then and there to your SIL! No woman would EVER discipline my daughter or put her hands on her without me shoving my foot up that person's @ss.

You need to stop worrying about what dear old MIL will say or think. YOU are the mother. Protect your child!!
    Anonymous

• I'm totally there with you, but with my MIL. She's always in our business, telling me I dont take care of my daughter. I use to say stuff to my hubby, but when he tried to talk to her about it, everyone would accuse me of attacking her. I dont even like my daughter going to their house. She mentioned something about swatting my DD's hand the other day and I got so pissed. I told my DH that his mom better keep her hands off my child. Its ridiculous. You have to stand up to these people no matter what, because they'll continue to run over you.
    maddiesmom02

Answer by maddiesmom02 at 11:54 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I would put a stop to this as soon as possible. It is sooo hard to face the inlaws like that I understand but, our children come first and the last thing you're going to want is your child resenting you for not stepping in. I agree with the other replies, nobody should be allowed to do that. Good luck!
    Ilovemy5joys

Answer by Ilovemy5joys at 1:51 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I want to say thank you for all you ladies advice. Good or bashing.... I do agree that I was an idiot and should have said something when it happened but I didn't. I will confront her about what she did and I can garentee that that crap will NEVER happen again. I will be closing this question not due to bashing or name calling cause I deserved it but I got the answers that I was looking for and I thank you.
    Aimeesmommie

Answer by Aimeesmommie at 8:41 AM on Jun. 11, 2009