Ok for him, not ok for me???

I just want to scream! My DH just called me all upset because I haven't called him tonight. (long story short - DH works out of state, right now he doesn't have cell phone service, but there is a phone there. I can call him, he can't call me without driving 10 miles down the road).

Anyway, he's mad that things go busy here and I didn't call him. My kids were hyper because they had a youth group meeting tonight. We didn't get home until after 9pm. By the time I got them calmed down, changed, washed and into bed, it was 10pm. I thought my DH would be asleep (he has to be up at 5am).

Why is it that when he is in a place with cell service and he doesn't call me because he "was busy," I understand this and have no problems (he's done this a lot and I have never minded. He's also in school so he works and studies). But if I don't call him he gets pissed??? Ugh, he made me so mad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• my husband is navy and if he doesn't get a chance to email me he's like i was busy and i'm ok with that, but if i dont email him or hop onto yahoo im right away when i wake up in the a.m. to see if he is on he's like i've been waiting all day for you to get on yahoo/email me. honestly at this point i don't even bother caring if he gets mad over it anymore. hes not here having to clean the house and take care of the kids and if he were than he would feel the same way i do.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:24 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I think what made it even worse was that he wouldn't shut up about it. I apologized like 10 times and he kept going back to "I have been waiting and waiting for you to call." I finally said, "I have already apologized, what more do you want! I can't change anything now!" I know I didn't help matters any. Goodness, I have had a great day until that. That's what I get for doing my job, being a mom, and then trying to be considerate (thinking he was already asleep). F that.
    Anonymous

• Guys act funny when they emotional. He was probably lonely and missing you and you didn't call. It sounds to me like he loves you a lot.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 11:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• fireproofyourmarriage.com and get him a cell phone
    Anonymous

• I know he does Seven07. I love him more than words can express too. We've been together for 14 years. We've had ups and downs and all-arounds. But sometimes he just gets on my nerves. lol Tonight was one of those nights. I hate him being gone and I miss him when he's not here. But the way he was on the phone tonight, I just wanted to scream. I can't even remember how many times I have waited up for him to call and he hasn't. And I've never once gotten mad at him for it. But I do it one time and he acts like the sky has fallen.

vabchmommy, my DH was Army for the first 10 years of marriage. Deployments are tough. We were hoping to be through with this seperation stuff once he was out but with the job market the way it is, that is not happening anytime soon.
    Anonymous

• Anon 11:42, I love the movie Fireproof! Too bad I won't be able to get him to go along with that (he is not a Christian). He has a cell phone but oddly enough there are still places in the country that have no cell phone service. He works in one of them. lol He has a land line but he can't call me (it's a long-distance call). I can call him on the land line though.
    Anonymous

• Maybe he is cheating. JMO.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• don't listen to that post. he was just disappointed because he was expecting something. happens to everyone. just blow it off dear
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:02 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• When he gets a chance at home you need to leave him with your chores. Let him know what it is like to be in your position and when he leaves again then he will know what it means to be "busy".

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 1:18 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• maybe you can buy him a phone card. That way he can make the long distance call and you guys are still paying for it, not the company. I agree that he just misses you and is lonely. Men act like little babies sometimes. My husband gets bent out of shape if I don't text him back within a minute. He doesn't even consider that I am invoved with our daughter or in the shower, ect. So I know what you mean!
    Allie428

Answer by Allie428 at 2:54 AM on Jun. 11, 2009