HELP .... PANIC.......

LAST MONTH I WEANED MY DAUGHTER FROM BREAST FEEDING. AND MY PERIOD WAS ON FOR TWO WEEKS STRAIGHT. THIS MONTH MY PERIOD IS SUPPPOSED TO COME ON AROUND THIS TIME BUT HASN'T YET. ME AND MY HUSBAND DID IT LIKE ONCE THIS MONTH BUT WE WORE A CONDOM ( FOR SURE) BECAUSE I'M OUT OF BIRTH CONTROL. I TOOL A HOME PREGNANCY TEST AND IT SAID I WASN'T PREGO. SHOULD I JUST WAIT. SHOULD I BE WORRIED.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• just wait a week and if you dont start your period then take another test
    babygirl9304627

Answer by babygirl9304627 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• My cycle was wacky for three months after I stopped breast feeding. Your test said no, don't worry.
    Mommy2Bears

Answer by Mommy2Bears at 11:26 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• If you are panicing SO bad than get your blood taken
    Anonymous

• preggo again i think
    Anonymous

• I would get a blood test. My last one was before Thanksgiving. Took a home test on Christmas (negative) Got a blood test after the New Year and it was posotive. I didn't even expect it and here I am fat as can be now LOL. Just go to get a for sure answer.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 11:47 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I wouln't even worry about it. It's completely normal for you periods to be out of wack for months after weaning because the prolactin has to slowly leave your body and allow the progesterone to rise again.

For the firt few cycles many women experience short luteal phases from the lack of progesterone which makes it very difficult to become pregnant with the first couple of ovulations. This of course is not set in stone for all women but is true for many women.

If your concerned just keep taking HPTs but honestly I bet AF will show her ugly head sooner or later. My cycles were over 45 days long when they returned and my first LP was only 8 days. After 5-6 months they became more regular but then we got pregnant again on purpose sso no more periods for me. LOL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Jun. 11, 2009