Im having a problem with my sons sleeping pattern!

I have a 7 month old son.. (well in like 4 days or something) and he still only falls alseep with a bottle.. which would be okay for now.. but he wakes up like 5 times in the middle of the night wanting something to drink to put him back to sleep!
I really need some help with this one.. other than that hes a great baby.. very independant.. but wont fall asleep unless hes drinking something.. a few times hes fallen alseep in his chair after eating baby food.. and he sleeps in the car.. but thats about it! i need to know how to break him of the bottle problem. so when he wakes up in the middle of the night he will be able to put himself back to sleep!
anyone having this problem?? or has anyone had this problem!!
THanks so much.. and tips would be helpful!

GavinsMommy1108

Asked by GavinsMommy1108 at 11:42 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This is going to be a hard habit to break and will take lots of patience and love. If he has been doing this his whole life then it is very ingrained and basically a crutch that he uses to be able to fall back to sleep

Have you tried replacing the bottle with a binky?

Otherwise I would recommend you read the No Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley. She addresses this issues directly and gives methods to overcome it or go onto www.picknicksbrain.com. Both of these sites were really useful for me.

Good luck
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 5:49 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Oh and by the way, this is a really common issue. It is probably the most natural and peaceful ways for a baby to fall asleep. Im lucky, the bottle stimulates her more but she needs a binky to sleep. Trade off!!!
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 6:01 AM on Jun. 11, 2009