I am dilated to a one, can it go back to not being dilated?

I REALLY want to know this and for got to ask my doctor yesterday when he told me I am at a one. I have been having high blood pressure and now he wants to induce me. But I am scared my cervixes are going to go back to normal before tuesday (thats when I hit 39 weeks). He also said they are thinned. I am so lost and kinda worried.

HuntersMama09

Asked by HuntersMama09 at 11:45 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your cervix (there's just one of them by the way) shouldn't close back up. It can stay at 1cm for weeks without dilating more though. Or you could just start dilating more in the coming days. Your cervix being "thin" is also a good sign. Your body is just preparing for labor, which is great because inductions are not often successful when the woman's body isn't ready for it. Good luck!
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 12:04 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Oh ok thanks! that helps a lot :) and makes me great
    HuntersMama09

Answer by HuntersMama09 at 12:12 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I don't want to scare you but actually it happened to me in my first pregnancy. It was so weird, I didn't and still don't understand it. It's crazy, it was backwards. When I was 37 weeks, I was 1cm. At 38, I was .5cm and at 39 I wasn't dialated at all. I was induced a couple days past my due date due to complications and that ended up a miserable painful long augemented labor that resulted in a c-section. this time around, I'm 41 weeks & 3 days pregnant, trying for an all natural VBAC...I think I'll be having my baby in the next day or so. Just lost mucus plug/bloody show, have been having cramps for 24 hours. It's about time...I was 1cm dialated yesterday (it took me 10 days past my due date to dialate), but, feel there has definitely been some cervical change since then. Every pregnancy is different. What happened to me in my first pregnancy, doesn't mean it will happen to you too. GL
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:27 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I think its very rare, until reading the above response I would have said no, but them checking you should push things along.. I would think, I am 37 wks , last week was at 1 1/2 but went yesterday and was a comfortable 3 and thats in one wk, and 50 % efaced...with just mild walking.. no contractions yet tho.. it may just happen all at once .. I have heard of the happening too.. my sister was dilated to 4 for 3 wks.. ?????
    Mom2Meredith

Answer by Mom2Meredith at 6:29 AM on Jun. 11, 2009