How can I get my 2yrs. old dd to go all night dry?

My dd is 2 & has been potty trained well at least during the day since she was 18mths old. Now I would like to get her to not pee on herself at night. She stays dry during the day when she takes her 2hr. naps but just can't stay dry at night. Any ideas?

jmamom0709

Asked by jmamom0709 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How do you get someone to stop snoring? You can't. They are asleep and are not in control of what their body does. How much control she has in the day does not matter. Bedwetting is common up to age 6. Some kids wet even longer.

What to do for your daughter?
    Do NOT limit fluids. It doesn't work and certainly shouldn't be done with a child under 4.
    Wait for her body and brain to mature more.
    Make sure she pees just before bed.
    Keep her in pullups. When she outgrows those, switch to Good Nights.
    If you put her in panties, double make the bed.. waterproof pad, sheet, waterproof pad, sheet. Then you only have to strip the wet layer in the middle of the night instead of stripping the bed AND finding dry sheets.
    Make sure she knows this is normal. That she is doing nothing wrong. That her body just isn't ready to stay dry all night yet.
    If she's still wetting at 6, take her to the doctor.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:18 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• she is too young to have that much control over her bladder. that would be like someone telling you to just hold it and not pee when you were 8 months pregnant, it is beyond your control.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 12:30 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I think is to young to go all night with out going pee.
    san-1

Answer by san-1 at 12:43 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My DD whos 3 1/2 just got out of pull ups at night she sits on the potty before bed untill she goes, sometimes she'll make herself sit there for up to a half hour ths al an realyl tell you
    AiOkasan

Answer by AiOkasan at 1:10 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I agree, MUCH MUCH MUCH too young to be night-time trained. You should give yourself a pat on the back for having your LO potty trained during the day and naps at 18 months/2 years and relax :) You're both doing fine and when the time comes (a long time from now, lol) your LO will be night-time trained as well.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 1:28 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I'm just gonna say ditto.
    Harrisonsmommie

Answer by Harrisonsmommie at 10:29 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My 29 month old DD still wears a diaper to bed at night because I know she cannot hold it for the 10-12 hours she sleeps at night. I don't limit her fluids because if she's thirsty, she's thirsty for a reason and gets a drink of water. And it's no big deal to me if she still wears 1 diaper a day (well, night), at least it's not the 8 she was before!
    DreaKevAiyana

Answer by DreaKevAiyana at 10:51 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Mine was four. She was reading and tying her shoes before she was completely out of diapers.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:06 PM on Jun. 12, 2009