• In the Spotlight:

How do I get my daughter to sit at the table nd eat?

She is 2 1/2 nd she has alot of engery... She wont sit in a high chair or a booster..

single_mama09

Asked by single_mama09 at 11:54 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Let her kneel in a chair. Consider letting her come and go as she wants. Keep up a nice conversation at the table, make it light and fun so she will eventually want to stay and join in.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:19 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I use a disney princess table and chairs for my girls (ages 2.5, and 18 months). They love it, and know if they get up their food is put away.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:43 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I don't think there is any necessary reason for your 2 year old to have ot stay put for the entire meal. While it can be easier, they are just little explorin' boogers :) As long as she is eating well, let her get down a bit, come back, etc. There is absolutely no harm in that.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 1:29 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Colleen - you take away their food? What if they took like 1 bite and happen to get up? That makes me so sad :( At that age they're just babies :(
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 1:30 AM on Jun. 11, 2009