Still breast feeding

I am still breat feeding my DD once a day, she eat baby food and formula the rest of the time. I have not gotten my period back yet, is it possible to get pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes it is BF IS NOT birth control
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 11:59 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• yes, it is. i got pregnant while breastfeeding...we weren't trying or preventing, we just said, when it happens it happens...and so i got pregnant when my daughter was 9 months old.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:21 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Yes it is possible.

When your exclusively breastfeeding without solids or formula than you have a good chance of suppressing ovulation for the first 6 months but it's not a guarentee which is why you should also chart using FAM (my personal favorite) or NFP to look for signs of ovulation.

It's really quite simple and gives you so much freedom and so LITTLE worry! Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility and chart!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Jun. 11, 2009